What did you do or accomplish that you are most proud of this week?
That was one of the questions I posed on my students’ entrance ticket this week. I didn’t realize when I crafted that question how much I could learn about my students. Their answers gave me insight on how they prioritized things that mattered to them.
Some answers were:
- Something this week I accomplished is I finished my lead on my article for my leatherback sea turtle. I am so proud of me and my partner.(This is a struggling writer)
- I am proud of my research. I’m soooooooooo close to finishing! The only thing I have to finish is my lead and the pictures!! I have a few more sentences and I’m done!!! (this is a strong writer)
- I asked people that were on the bote (buddy) bench if they wanted to play.
- Something I accomplished this week is my divition (division) story problems in math.
- I learned how to bring a photo to the wiki for my article.
- I am most proud of me adding a lot of writing to my research, especially the lead because my partner and I both did our personal best. Together we made a fantastic article with lots of information (strong writers that needed to raise their bar and they did 🙂
I began to wonder what would I consider an accomplishment I could be proud of this week?
At first I was thinking it would be completing the first week of blog posts on time… but when I read the posts of the kids, I think that I am most proud that what I taught in school mattered to the kids…
What accomplishment are you most proud of this week?